Find an HAE specialist

Diagnosed with
HAE in 1980

What doctors diagnose and treat hereditary angioedema (HAE)?

When it comes to HAE, finding a doctor who has experience is crucial, but it can also be difficult. Because it’s a rare disease, few doctors are familiar with HAE. Fortunately some doctors, typically allergists or immunologists, do specialize in this area.

Whether you think there’s a chance you have HAE or you’re trying to find ways to manage your condition, your doctor plays a key role in your health. If you’re interested in finding a doctor who is experienced in diagnosing and treating people with HAE, the US Hereditary Angioedema Association (HAEA) can help you locate an HAE specialist in your area.

Hospital icon

Visit to use their physician referral tool.

Finding a specialist was a big turning point for me. I finally felt like I found someone who listened and knew how to help manage a patient with HAE.

ChaeliDiagnosed with
HAE in 1997